— Leadership Driven (@wayne_macnamara) February 18, 2017
The third and final section of Claude Hamilton‘s new book, TOUGHEN UP, covers passion and tenacity; the last two strengths considered in the book. When I think of my good friend Claude, passion and tenacity are two of the first words that come to mind. It takes a man of passion to decide to walk across Canada, and it takes a man with incredible tenacity to actually complete the journey while overcoming obstacle after obstacle. In these last two chapters Claude really shows his readers his heart and his passion for what he did and is doing to build an amazing life for his family. The reason why TOUGHEN UP is so engaging and effective is because Claude exemplifies what he writes. He is a man of integrity and has not written anything in this book that he has not lived himself and has dedicated his life to improving. He knows what he is talking about, and we can all learn something from him.
Part three of TOUGHEN UP outlines the last two strengths:
Here are some of my favourite sections of Part Three: The Pointy Tip
“Passion amplifies effort.”
“But when you act and speak from passion, it is electrifying and contagious. People will be drawn to you. Sure, you’ll turn some people off too, but they’re the ones who probably would have been turned off no matter what you did. And even the ones who are turned off will eventually come to respect your commitment if you stick with it”
“It’s the passionate ones, ruffians and rascals though we may be, who really make a difference. As Jim Butcher wrote, ‘Passion has overthrown tyrants and freed prisoners and slaves. Passion has brought justice where there was savagery. Passion has created freedom where there was nothing but fear. Passion has helped souls rise from the ashes of their horrible lives and build something better, stronger, more beautiful’.”
“Quitters quit everything”
“The closer you are to your goal, the less timid you can afford to be. And since its often difficult to see how close we are to real achievement, we should just get in the habit of being more and more passionate as we go along.”
“Tenacity means you know that tough times are coming sooner or later, and instead of wondering about the ifs and whens, you get ready to face them by asking about the hows. How will you preparer yourself to meet challenges, how will you react when they come, and how will you overcome them?”
“Success is more about tenacity than talent, more about perseverance than intelligence. Those who stick with it until they succeed may appear smarter – but it’s because they’ve learned more than those who were unwilling to do the hard things.”
I hope you have all enjoyed reading TOUGHEN UP as much as I have. There are so many little things in that book that could make such a big difference in so many lives. If you haven’t already, take the time to flip over your TOUGHEN UP book and read the back cover.
About the Author
Claude Hamilton grew up in a small town in northern Ontario, Canada. At the age of seventeen, he enrolled and served eight years in the Canadian Armed Forces. After a few years of coping with the demands of an uncertain schedule and constant travel, he became frustrated with his inability to control many aspects of his own life and longed for more freedom to take risks and achieve the life he desired. He knew the life of an entrepreneur was the only life for him. Therefore, Claude became a dedicated student of leadership principles and built a highly successful leadership business with thousands of followers. Then, with his devoted friends, he co-founded the company LIFE. Along the journey, Claude became a passionate promoter of his principles of success and has helped many business partners duplicate his results. His determination, character, and courage make him a powerful leader who persistently inspires people to reach for their dreams. Claude is deeply committed to his family and takes great pleasure in being a father. He also enjoys adventure, mentoring others, and working hard to be the best example he can be to his business partners, friends and loved ones.
What will you choose to be passionate about? What will you make your life’s mission, and tenaciously run after? I hope you chose something worthwhile and never give up.
Part two of Claude Hamilton‘s new book TOUGHEN UP covers three more of Claude’s strengths. These three principles are essential for long-term success and are only mastered through a long-term commitment to pursuing greatness in them, just as Claude has done. As you are reading through TOUGHEN UP I encourage you to really study its principle’s and apply them to your life, not just read the book to say you did. There are so many great lessons that can be learned throughout the entire book that can be used to improve your life in so many areas.
Part two of TOUGHEN UP outlines the second three strengths:
Here are some of my favourite sections of Part Two: Oath of Allegiance
“Success means doing the right thing no matter what.”
“I am a firm believer that love, not hope of reward or fear of bad consequences, is the real reason people do their duty. I learned this in the military, and I believe it holds true in other areas of life as well”.
“This is duty to God, family, and country – because when you are your best self, your truly excellent self, you serve God, family, and country at the highest level! This is real. Anything less than excellence means you aren’t quite doing your duty”.
“Be the kind of person who always honours those who deserve it.”
“Without honour, nothing else really matters in our lives. George Bernard Shaw wrote, ‘The most tragic thing in the world is a man of genius who is not a man of honour’.”
“Honour, on the other hand, is all about enthusiasm! When we have honour, we do the right things because we really, truly feel passionate about them. We don’t necessarily have to do them to be a good person, like we do with out duties, but we choose to do them because we care.”
“As Lana and I started experiencing real success, we felt overwhelming gratitude for Orrin and Laurie Woodward and the others who showed us the way. We felt great respect and a profound sense of honour toward them. We knew we simply could not have accomplished what we did without their help.”
“Let them see me cry. It’s okay. I cry sometimes when I cuddle my son. I’m soft with him and tough about pursuing my life purpose.”
“Monday morning I put on my search-and-rescue jacket and combat boots, stashed three samples of the vitamins and other products I sold for my business into my pack, and put my pistol in my belt, and I walked to the highway and started hitchhiking.”
“This means spending a lot of time with those you care about most. Time builds depth, if you approach it with the right attitude. As I already mentioned, I hated that my military work kept me too busy to spend as much time as I wanted with my family.”
“They say the word sacrifice as if it’s something bad. But my military background taught me a different way to think about sacrifice. For me, sacrifice is the production of sacred things. I sacrificed my twenties for my business, but I got the rest of my life with financial freedom.”
I hope everyone is enjoying reading this book as much as I have and learning more about what it takes to TOUGHEN UP! Maybe you know someone who needs to TOUGHEN UP a little in some area of their life, or maybe you know someone who would just really enjoy what Claude has to share. Either way, this book could make an awesome gift for Christmas or any occasion.
Make sure to check back next week for the third and final instalment of my TOUGHEN UP series.
Just one of the many amazing things launched at the convention was THE FREE INCENTIVE TRIPS – these trip incentives are a great way to dream build with people right away. And they are no ordinary trips, they are top-notch, quality, luxury vacations.
Check out some details here thanks to my good friend Alex Nickerson for a great article and some fantastic DREAM BUILDING Pictures and Videos:
Incentive #1: 6,000 for 6 Trip
1. Disney World, Orlando, Florida – 4-day/3-night stay at Disney’s Beach Club Deluxe Resort. Disney’s Beach Club Resort is a New England-style Disney Deluxe Resort, shaded by broad oak trees and lapped by the gentle waters of the 25-acre Crescent Lake. This trip includes a round-trip airfare credit, Disney Park Hopper Passes, Disney dining meal plan, transportation to and from the airport, and transportation to all Disney properties and theme parks.
2. Arenal, Costa Rica – 6-day/5-night stay at the Arenal Kiori Suites and Spa hotel. Perched one thousand feet above the Arenal Valley, the Arenal Kiori allows for incomparable views of the Arenal volcano, the lush valley, and the surrounding towns that sparkle at night. This trip includes an airfare credit, daily breakfast, canopy tour, volcano hike, and safari boat floating.
3. Oasis of the Seas, Bahamas Cruise – 8-day/7-night balcony cabin cruise. Experience the ship that revolutionized cruising; its revolutionary and breath-taking design includes seven distinct neighborhoods tailored to create the ultimate experience of enjoyment for all passengers. This ship is the largest in the world, watch the video for all the details.
Incentive #2: Leader 6 Trip
1. Disney World, Orlando, Florida – 6-day/5-night stay at Disney’s Grand Floridian Deluxe Hotel. Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is a Victorian-style Disney Deluxe Resort distinguished as the flagship hotel of the Walt Disney World Resorts and offering world-class dining, entertainment, and luxurious accommodations in its six striking red-gabled buildings. This magnificent hotel sits along the white-sand shores of Seven Seas Lagoon. This trip includes a round-trip airfare credit, Disney Park Hopper Passes, Disney dining meal plan, transportation to and from the airport, and transportation to all Disney properties and theme parks.
2. Maui, Hawaii – 5-day/4-night stay at the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort and Spa, which is located between two beautiful beaches with pristine white sands and endless blue water. This trip includes a round-trip airfare credit, transportation from the airport to the hotel, Lei greeting, and a helicopter tour ride.
3. Ocho Rios, Jamaica – 5-day/4-night stay at the Beaches Boscobel, which takes advantage of its stunning seaside locale to infuse all of its accommodations with the flavor of Jamaica. This trip includes a round-trip airfare credit and access to Pirates Island Water Park. Parent magazine voted Beaches Boscobel among the Top 10 Best Beach Resorts.
4. Celebrity Cruise – 10-day/9-night trip package, including a 7-night cruise from Seattle on the Seattle Celebrity Solstice, 3 nights at a 4-star hotel, and a Mount Rainer sightseeing trip.
5. Princess Cruise – 10-day/9-night Alaskan cruise on the Coral Princess. This trip includes a 7-day voyage of the glaciers cruise, 1 night at Mount McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge, 1 night at the Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge, a natural history tour, and a 1-night Fairbanks with Sternwheeler Riverboat Cruise. This cruise is perfect for witnessing all that Alaska has to offer. Check out the video for all the details.
This is so much FUN, Definitely shows off the Have Fun part of our Have Fun, Make Money and Make a Difference motto. LIFE gives you information to challenge yourself in many areas of leadership and help you Live The Life You’ve Always Wanted.
On top of all of this there are One Time Cash Awards, which the first one will arrive at the same time as the Leader 6 FREE Trip…how does a $3000 BONUS sound on top of a FREE TRIP? It’s available!!!
We are so excited for everyone that is going to run and earn these trips and rewards, which they can go and spend time with their families, when they choose, with who they choose, and with no financial stresses. Absolutely Incredible.
I would love to hear what trip your running for and where you see you and your family spending time together.
See “YOU” on the beaches and waters of the world,
… I think its working extremely well. Doubled our numbers!!!
Congratulations to all the winners of Operation Advance, Raylene and I are very proud of each and every one of you. Your passion, commitment, and perseverance was outstanding. To all those that ran hard and came up short – Congratulations on your valiant effort, know that your that much closer to your next goal. Although not everyone will cross stage and be recognized, know that your efforts did not go unnoticed and everyone that was there played a huge part in the success of this seminar.
Setting goals and striving for them wasn’t the difficult part for us, it was the frustration of coming up short each time we set the goal. Our mentors, Claude and Lana Hamilton have helped us PDCA (plan, do check, and adjust) and course correct our actions and attitudes toward the process. What I have learned about goal setting is that at least with a goal out in front of me, even if I happen to fall short, I have learned lessons along the way and I am that much further ahead then if I hadn’t set the goal or ran for it at all. We’ve all heard “If you don’t have a goal, you will hit it with amazing accuracy.” In our experience with building communities, we have only ever hit 7 of our goals the first time we set them, but every experience has been life changing whether we hit them or not, and has taught us many lessons in moving forward, with resetting, re-framing and running even harder the next time.
As Winston Churchill said, “Never give in, never, never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense”
“Sacrifice is nothing more than the production of sacred things.” Claude Hamilton
Congratulations to all the teams that were involved with making Aylmer Ontario a great success!!!